Monday, July 25, 2011

blogging is an amazing thing.

How many times have I woken up, feeling thoughts of doubt, thoughts that I thought were only mine? How many times have I scoured the internets, only to find that all across the world, there are people feeling things similar to my feelings? How many times have I read a perfect stranger's words and related so well, that they now become my friend? How many times have I been surprised to connect with a perfect stranger across the globe, or right in my own neighborhood? Blogging surely is an amazing thing.

Here are a few blog posts that have had me thinking the past few days: 


AllisonO's bold statement to the world! {Go Allison!}

Sweetney's candid thoughts about changing lifestyle and other's reactions

Steph's thoughts on saying yes more to your kids! 

Marianne's view on being an American, a stay at home mom and a resident of France

This weekend, all we did was lay low and veg- it was great! This afternoon we plan to spend the afternoon splashing in a kiddie pool and eating popsicles- what are your plans for the day??

7 comments:

Laura said...

Vising from Mingle Monday. My plans are nowhere near as fun as yours, I am continuing to work on cleaning out my Grandpa's house. It's a big job and I'm overwhelmed.

I love that you are digging blogging, me, too. I am going to check out a post or two you recommended.

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i know what you mean! its crazy that you can 'meet' so many great people just from blogs. but thats what i love about it! stopping by from mingle mondays! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Dawn said...

I love blogging, and have been using it for catharsis for over 3 years now. And so many good friends - 11 of whom I have actually met in real life and some whose homes I have stayed in on vacation. Fabulous outlet!

Ashley said...

First of all: adorable blog. I love the dandelion image. Secondly, I would much rather do what you're planning instead of the summer school preparations and home organizing I'll be doing tonight. Blah. Third: I found you via Mingle Monday and I'll be back for more great posts :)

Joyful Sparrow said...

Thank you for stopping by my little blog today. I was lovely to read your comment! Happy Monday, dear!

Tricia said...

I like the idea of sharing other blogs that are like yours. It is always nice when you realize others are experiencing similar experiences as yours. Visiting from Mingle Monday!

Jenn said...

I find this is the most awesome part of blogging--connecting with others and feeling like other people, even strangers, can relate. Sometimes it's so validating!
Stopping by from Mingle Monday!