Friday, July 8, 2011

And sometimes that one is me...

Sometimes one learns that one's extended family are really the friends one has chosen to be in one's life, not necessarily the family we have married or been born into.

Sometimes one learns that the love you share with your partner can overcome more than ever imagined.

Sometimes one learns the true character of another person, or even one's self when that person is pushed to {and then beyond} their limit.

Sometimes one learns that the very people one thought would be there, are in fact not. And the very people one thought would not be there, in fact, are.

And sometimes that one is me. As for me? I have sure had one of the roughest, most emotionally trying weeks of my life. And you know what? It has made me, the relationship I have with my immediate family, with my Matty, and with my God stronger.

I sure am thankful for that.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Good lessons - I hope you're doing okay!