Monday, November 7, 2011

it all started with a pair of jeans.

I loved my time alone with my coffee the other day.

I loved finding a new pair of jeans.

What I did not love was the body that faced me in a dressing room mirror.

It is my own doing- my own choices. A choice NOT to exercise. A choice to eat instead of deal with an emotion. A choice to eat more when I am already satisfied. Lots of unhealthy choices.

They are all choices I have made that have led me to this point.

When I stare in the mirror, I don't even recognize myself. I have gained SO much weight and am the heaviest I have ever been.

I finally got sick of the excuses I kept making.

I joined Weight Watchers.

It is Day Two and things are going great, but I am battling bad habits. Bad habits of overeating and boredom snacking.

I am proud of these two days however I have a long way to go. 100 pounds long.

So, I will write out this journey- because writing heals and teaches me.

If you care to join me, you can find my future posts on this subject on my weight loss blog!

3 comments:

Heather&Boys said...

My grandma always said that in her stay-at-home mom, child rearing years that she would snack all day long. And on the weekends I also find myself doing the same. Good luck, you're already gorgeous and I am excited to follow the new blog :)

Jasmine Hope said...

I totally understand how it is to be over weight. YOU CAN DO IT! The biggest hurdle is the mind. I was 141 lbs over weight - that's an extra adult I was carrying around. I still have 62 lbs to loose so I know the journey is an interesting situation to find oneself in. I'll be praying for your awesome success!! You've made the first step!

Stacia said...

You are so awesome. I love how you own it, and say that it was your choices that got you to this point. I really like to make excuses for myself...which leads to being miserable...which leads to more eating...do you see where I'm going with this??