Saturday, November 5, 2011

i promise there's a point. i think.

today i thought to myself {and said out loud to my husband} that my children were driving me to madness.

and when i get to the place where i am eager to sell them to the highest bidder, it's time for a break. 

we had to go over to the in-laws' house to shovel their driveway {they had been out of town and were coming home} and we thought it would be nice to put some groceries in their fridge so they didn't come home, late at night, to NOTHING.

so we did. and, as we were leaving all the kids wanted to ride with daddy {we had come in separate cars} and suddenly i had an empty car, little kids that were going home to nap, and a daddy available to go with them.

so i took full advantage and hit up the 'ol starbucks. then headed to kohl's to replace my sad and overly used jeans.

 i sipped and shopped and breathed deeeeppp breaths. i did not have to wrangle little people flailing all over the place. i did not need to plan a snack to keep them occupied. i did, however need to find some jeans, and find I did! $10, baby for a cute pair! i also managed to save more than i spent, which makes a girl feel gooood.

why do i wait so long to give myself a break? i am always amazed at how restored i am.

my cup was empty and then i filled it- twice: once with sweet, sweet alone time and once with sweet, sweet pumpkin spice latte. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you! I had three hours tonight and I went to my office, Starbucks, and then church to cuddle other people's babies! Lol oh well, the break was still fun!

Carrie said...

Sounds like a wonderful and much needed break. I get to those moments, too! Sometimes more than I would like to admit.

Unknown said...

Bliss!

Stacia said...

Can I just say that I think it's amazing that you guys went over and shoveled their driveway and put food in their fridge? Because it is.