Monday, May 30, 2011

A project, a purse, and a blessing

I began the large task of cleaning out our bedroom this weekend. Between the pile of stuff that needs to go in the attic, the pile of disorganized clothes with no home due to a closet wall that buckled, and the piles of clutter that end up tossed in our space for lack of a better one, our room is a MESS!

Isn't it funny how we always take care of ourselves last? Except it's not funny at all. Matt and I need a space where we can recharge and relax. A place where we can feel comfortable together as a couple {bow-chicka-bow-wow}.

It was high time to get to work on our space!

While cleaning out my stock of purses, I happened upon an old one of my moms. I flipped it open to clean it out, and smelled HER. I haven't smelled the scent of my mama in over eight years. It's a perfect combination of her lipstick, her perfume and flowers. That fragrance brought back such memories! And such tears!

I took five minutes to miss, to grieve, to mourn. Then I closed the purse. I have no clue how the essence of her survived nine years in a purse, however I am so, so grateful it did.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

That is amazing. I am so glad you found her there!

Stacia said...

This made me cry.