Monday, October 3, 2011

I spent an hour crying tonight.

Can you tell Daddy is out of town?

I think our horrible evening was due in only part to everyone in this house missing our main man.

Matt doesn't travel much but by the time this trip commences, he will have been gone for half of last month and the beginning of this one {WELL. Hai There October!}

{I am truly thankful for the wives that have military husbands and don't see their spouses for a year at at time, or longer. I cannot even imagine. To me, the sacrifice the wives make is just as big as the sacrifice the serving spouse makes.}

So, we have been missing Matty's handsome face. And the way he "sets the sun" with bedroom lights at bedtime. Also the the way in which one of his hugs can make the world right again- can make the tantrums and frustration of the days melt away.

I mean, just look at Daddy in action:





Look at Theo's adoration of his daddy, it is precious.


We like the guy, can you tell? Thank goodness he will be home soon! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there, friend! I don't blame you for feeling that way. How hard to have hubby and daddy gone for that long! I honestly don't know how military families do it! Hugs...let me know if you want to hang out this week for company! :)

Dawn said...

He looks like a great daddy. Be so very glad that he is coming home soon - and you don't have to do it alone all the time!

Stacia said...

So glad he's home now, it's so hard to go it alone! I know I have been a horrible commented, but I wanted to let you know that I always read and I think you're a lovely, wonderful person. So keep up the good work (or something else motivational/more appropriate!) :)